Vlei Lodge at a Glance
- Six Elegant Thatched, air-conditioned suites
- Private game-viewing decks and plunge pools
- Personal Bars, Tea station, Telephone and Hairdryer all available in the Suites
- Dressing room and en-suite bathroom
- Dining area overlooking the grassy vlei
- Sitting area with open fireplace
Watch the drama of South Africa’s wilderness unfold while relaxing in your private plunge pool. Each suite – decorated in a subtle blend of North and West African styles with hints of Balinese influences – overlooks the grassy vlei, where you’re likely to see a dazzling variety of wildlife including herds of zebra and grazing antelope.
The atmosphere is exclusive and personal, a mixture of understated sophistication and sheer luxury.
Delicious Pan-African cuisine is served to you on the game-viewing decks, or in a dramatic bush setting near the lodge.
Phinda is renowned for its unforgettable bush banquets in beautiful, remote settings.
Exciting safari packages
There is so much for guests to do at Phinda, the list of activities is endless: twice-daily game- drives, nature walks, riverboat cruises and canoe trips along the Mzinene River are offered at no additional cost.
Guests are also able to enjoy a variety of optional safari activities in or near the Indian Ocean, from scuba diving and deep-sea fishing to spectacular air safaris.