Zuka Lodge at a Glance
- 4 x Thatched Zululand Bush Cottages
- All cottages have Air Conditioning / heating & Room Fans
- Each Bush Cottages have a veranda overlook a busy waterhole
- Personal Bars, Tea station, Telephone and Hairdryer all available in the Suites
- Private ranger/host, tracker, butler and chef
- Open 4x4 Safari Game Vehicle
- Children are welcome and Childminding is available
- Perfect for family gatherings and special occasion safaris
- Interactive café-style kitchen
- Lodge Swimming Pool
Meaning sixpence in Zulu, Zuka Lodge offers guests a new experience of Phinda’s pristine wilderness.
The lodge’s four intimate cottages are set 15m (50 feet) apart, featuring verandas overlooking a busy waterhole where a diversity of wildlife is regularly seen.
Sitting areas feature built-in sofas which double as beds for parents travelling with children five years and younger.
Bedrooms have air-conditioning and fans and are en-suite, with a circular stone bath chamber, double showers, separate toilet and twin hand basins.
The Phinda Zuka Lodge is perfect for families or groups of up to eight people. Guest areas include an interactive café-style kitchen, indoor sitting and dining areas, an intimate library with Internet access and a swimming pool with extended wooden decking overlooking the waterhole.
Comfortable cushions and suspended wicker chairs on the veranda allow for contemplation of the beautiful surroundings.
Characterised by hues of blue and stone, emphasising shape and texture, the overall effect of the lodge is that of cool, coastal bush style – the sophistication of simplicity.
Tailor make your day by discussing your safari activities with your private ranger.
Activities include morning and afternoon/evening game-drives in your private 4x4 safari vehicle, bush walks, riverboat cruises and canoe trips along the Mzinene River, as well as bush sundowners and dinners on the reserve.
Phinda also offers a variety of optional adventure activities, such as scuba diving and deep-sea fishing, and a range of specialist safaris.