All rooms are serviced daily. All bed linen and bath towels are provided and the self-catering units have all necessary basic utensils, as well as cutlery and crockery supplied.
The award-winning Hilltop Camp - it won the British Airways "Tourism for Tomorrow Award" - is located on the summit of a forested hill and offers fine views of the Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park.
Hilltop Camp, the oldest Big Five wildlife accommodation venue in KwaZulu-Natal, was extensively rebuilt and enlarged in the early nineties.
Hilltop Camp at a Glance
- 2-bedded and 4-bedded self-catering chalets with own kitchen and bathrooms en suite.
- 2-bedded chalets, which are not self-catering, each with own bathrooms en suite
- The above chalet accommodation may only be booked on a bed and breakfast basis
- 2 bedded rondavels (rest huts) with communal ablutions and kitchens away from the rooms
- 8 bed Mtwazi Lodge - 3 en suite bedrooms plus an annexe sleeping 2
Hilltop Camp has a restaurant, an attractive pub and lounge, decorated with photographs and memorabilia of the history of Hilltop Camp and the Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park. The gift shop sells curios, while the convenience store stocks a range of food and drinks – treat these supplies as back-up as stocks can be depleted.
A self-guided forest trail is available to guests at Hilltop Camp.
The Mpunyane Restaurant offers a full English or buffet breakfast. Lunches from Monday to Saturday are a la carte and on Sundays a hot and cold buffet is served.
Dinners are hot and cold buffet with a traditional braai (barbeque) on Friday evenings.
Self-catering guests at Hilltop Camp may choose to dine at the restaurant. We suggest booking for dinners and the Sunday luncheon. The B&B reservations apply only to the chalet accommodation, whether you have breakfast or not.
Send Us An Enquiry Now